Latest media releases from Lion Air
Lion Air Immediately Conducts First Umrah Flight from Central Java, Direct from Semarang and Solo
Lion Air umrah flights through Solo and Semarang, Lion Air is committed to making it easier and expanding accessibility for the people of Central Java who want to perform Umrah or explore tourist destinations in Saudia.
S E M A R A N G - July 13, 2023. Lion Air (JT Flight Code) member of Lion Air Group will soon launch its first flight for Umrah from Central Java, directly from Semarang and Solo. Flights will be served using Lion Air's newest aircraft delivered from aircraft manufacturers, including medium-bodied fleets: Boeing 737-9, as well as large-body fleets: Airbus 330-300 and Airbus 330-900NEO. The plan, flights to Jeddah and Madinah will be available from two airports in Central Java, namely
1. Jenderal Ahmad Yani International Airport, Semarang (SRG) for coverage of northern and western Central Java,
2. Adi Soemarmo International Airport, Solo in Boyolali (SOC) for central, eastern and southern Central Java.
The decision to launch direct Umrah flights from Semarang and Solo aims to provide various benefits for the people of Central Java as Umrah pilgrims and tourists, including:
1. Helping to facilitate the people of Central Java and other surrounding areas in carrying out Umrah (religious) worship and tourist trips to Saudi, considering the high market demand in Central Java.
2. Umrah pilgrims and tourists no longer need to make additional trips to Jakarta or other cities before heading to Saudi Arabia. The added value, will save their time and travel costs (more practical and effective).
3. Good air connectivity through Adi Soemarmo International Airport Solo and General Ahmad Yani International Airport Semarang, so that the people of Central Java have easier and more comfortable access to Saudi.
The opening of Umrah flights from Semarang and Solo will add to the list of cities that are currently served (existing). Lion Air has served umrah flights from 10 cities in Indonesia, including Jakarta, Surabaya, Makassar, Medan, Batam, Padang, Pekanbaru, Banda Aceh, Kertajati and Balikpapan. The flight network from Indonesia, Lion Air strengthens its commitment to serve people throughout Indonesia in realizing their dreams of performing Umrah and summer tours.
Lion Air announced a strategic partnership with the Saudi Tourism Authority in "Rethink Summer". This program aims to continue to increase Umrah travel and tourism during the summer to prospective Umrah pilgrims and tourists. The Saudi Tourism Authority offers a variety of interesting attractions in Saudi Arabia, which will provide an unforgettable experience for tourists.
With the launch of direct Umrah flights from Semarang and Solo and cooperation with the Saudi Tourism Authority through the "Rethink Summer" program, Lion Air continues to expand accessibility and increase comfort for the people of Central Java who want to perform Umrah or explore tourist destinations in Saudi Arabia.
Lion Air sincerely thanks the governments of Indonesia and Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Tourism Authority, airport managers in Saudia, airport managers PT Angkasa Pura I Semarang and Solo Branches, air traffic controllers AirNav Indonesia and in Saudia, ground handling partners, tour and travel partners, and other parties who have provided support in supporting operations to facilitate the preparation of Umrah trips and tourist trips for the community (pilgrims Umrah and tourists).
For media queries, contact us at the following:
Follow us on social media