Terms and Conditions
Important Notes as applicable to E- Tickets
Please read the notes below carefully, if you need any clarifications, please contact our reservation & ticketing counters or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-Ticket Passenger Itinerary/Receipt: Please note that you are required to keep a printed copy of this “E-Ticket Itinerary” with you throughout the journey as it is required for entry into the airport, check-in, refunds or exchanges.
To enter the airport and for check-in, you must present this itinerary receipt along with Official Government issued photo identification such as passport, identity card or Indonesians KTP.
This E-Ticket Itinerary will have to be presented along with valid photo identification at the time of refund or exchanges.
This E-Ticket Itinerary does not constitute a document for carriage and in the event of any difference between it and the record of booking in the Lion Air reservation system, the latter shall prevail.
Fare(s) subject to cancellation charges, if any. Please contact Lion Air Reservation and Ticketing for details. By booking this ticket/fare, you agree and accept all terms and conditions, cancellation and ticket exchanges rules of this ticket/fare.
1.0 E-Ticket Changes and Cancellations
Airlines: Lion Air (JT), Wings Air (IW).
Airlines: Batik Air (ID)
Airlines: Lion Air (JT), Wings Air (IW)
Airlines: Batik Air (ID)
Notice: Carriage and other services provided by the carrier are subject to General Condition of carriage which are hereby incorporated by reference
If the Passenger’s journey involves an ultimate
destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention may be applicable
and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of
carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss or damage to
Please note that this ticket is further subject to all other terms and conditions of carriage as given below, which are deemed to be incorporated herein.
2.0 General Information
Reporting and Closing
Time Check-in For Indonesia Domestic Flights, Reporting Time Check-in starts 2 (two) hours prior to departure, and check-in counters close 30 (thirty) minutes before departure time for all classes of passangers. For International Flights, Reporting Time Check-in starts 2 hours prior to departure and check-in counter close 45 minutes before departure time for all classes of passengers. Certain formalities are required to be completed by the passengers at the airport before or after being accepted for the flight. To complete these formalities and the check-in process, passengers are required to arrive at the airport sufficiently before the departure time of the flight. In order to maintain schdules, the boarding gate will be closed 15 (fifteen) minutes before departure time Passengers, who do not report at the boarding gate at the requested boarding time, will not be boarded on the said flight and will be considered no-show passengers. In the event of delays and misconnection of flights not within the reasonable control of Lion Air; Lion Air will disclaim any liability towards the same. Passengers who arranges own connections with other airlines are advised to leave sufficient time for connections or terminal transfer or baggage re-claim and re-check- in. Lion Air will not be liable for any misconnection with other airlines outside reasonable control of Lion Air.
confirmed passengers who do not present themselves for their booked flight are termed as ‘No – Shows’ If for some reason you are unable to undertake travel on flight for which you have a confirmed booking, please contact Lion Air Reservation & Ticketing as early as possible to avoid penalty.
In the event of overbooking, Lion Air will make every effort to provide seats for which confirmed reservation have been made, however, no absolute guarantee of seats availability is denoted by the expression reservations, bookings, status OK or HK, and the timings attached to them.
Credit Card Purchases
Please note that the credit card used to purchase your Lion Air flight tickets is required to be presented at time of check-in by the cardholder for verification at check-in. Failure to comply with this, Lion Air reserves the right to deny boarding and cancel the ticket(s) and contract of carriage.
must be paid in full before the given time limit expires. In the event that the fare has not been paid in full for any reason whatsoever, Lion Air reserve the right to cancel the reservation/ticket prior to check-in and/or to deny you to board the flight.
We reserve the right not to carry infants less than two (2) days-old and Infant aged between three (3) and seven (7) days require Medical Certificate to confirm that the Infant is fit to travel on air transport. The Medical certificate must have been issued 72 hours before the standard departure time. Maximum age for Infant is less than 2 years old. Infant traveling on Lion Air must have the Form of Indemnity (F) signed by the parents.
All expectant Mothers are required to sign form of Indemnity (FOI). A Doctor’s certificate that confirms the expectant mother is fit to travel on air transport is required to be produced at the point of check-in for pregnancy over 28
weeks. For pregnancy more than 36 weeks cannot do flight. Fit to travel certificate should issue not more than 3 (three) days from the schedule flight departure.
3.0 Cabin Baggage Regulations
LION AIR (JT)
40 x 30 x 20
1 piece + 1 Personal items
BATIK AIR (ID)
40 x 30 x 20
1 piece + 1 Personal items
WINGS AIR (IW)
35 x 30 x 20
1 piece + 1 Personal items
JT or ID connect IW
Boeing/ Airbus to ATR
35 x 30 x 20
1 piece + 1 Personal items
IW connect JT or ID
ATR to Boeing/ Airbus
35 x 30 x 20
1 piece + 1 Personal items
Cabin baggage is accepted subject in the cabin subject to availability of space in the overhead bin. Restricted stowage space is also available under the front seat. In the event no space being available in the aircraft to stow cabin baggage, it will be necessary to remove and load the same in the baggage hold as per safety regulations.
Articles (Personal items) which may be carried free in addition to the free baggage allowance (subject to security regulation).
- A Lady's handbag, pocketbook or purse, which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and is not being used as a container for the transportation of articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage.
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket.
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars.
- Infant's food for consumption in flight
- Infant's carrying basket.
- An umbrella or walking stick.
- A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight.
- A fully collapsible invalid's wheelchair and/or pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use, provided that the passenger is dependent upon them.
Free Baggage Allowance Lion Air Group
Lion Air Domestic and International Flight - effective 1/March/2019
Wings Air Domestic and International Flight –
Domestic and International Flight
Thai Lion Air
Domestic and International Flight
Domestic and International Flight- effective
Fare Class : D,J,C
Fare Class :I
Flexi & Shuttle (Economy)
Fare Class : L,K,H,B,S,W,A,Y
(Boeing & ATR)
Fare Class : Q,N,M,L
(Boeing & ATR)
Super Saver (Economy)
Fare Class : O,X,V,T :
Malindo Air International Flight
C hittagong (CGP)
Please note Infant without a seat are not entitle for Free Checked-in Baggage allowance and no seat will be allocated for infant traveling with Lion Air.
According to safety regulations, passengers are advised :
- Not to accept any packets from unknown passengers
- Not to leave baggage unobserved at any time, especially within airport area. Unattended baggage may be removed by airport security staff as an object of suspicion.
- To declare before checking-in, if carrying any arms or explosive substances. Concealment is an offence under the Aircraft Act and Rules.
Also carriage of dry cell batteries, knives, scissors, sharp instruments, tools, fire arms, ammunition, and their toy replicas are prohibited in the passenger cabin.
Currency, precious metals, jeweller y, negotiable instruments, securities, personal identification documents and other items of value are best carried with the passengers in the cabin. Lion Air assumes no liability for any valuable articles carried.
Medicines and toiletries in limited quantities which are
necessary or appropriate for the passenger
during the journey, such as hair spray, perfumes and medicines containing
alcohol may be carried. Many of these listed articles can be carried as air cargo provided they are packed in accordance with cargo regulations
Dangerous Articles in Baggage
For safety reasons, dangerous articles such as those listed below, must not be carried in passenger’s baggage.
- Briefcases and attaché cases with installed alarm devices.
- Compressed gases – (Deeply refrigerated, flammable, non- flammable and poisonous) such as butane, oxygen, and liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders and compressed gas cylinders.
- Corrosives – such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries and apparatus containing mercury.
- Explosives – ammunitions, fireworks and flares. Ammunition including blank cartridges, hand guns, fire works, and pistol cabs.
- Flammable liquids and solid solids such as lighter refills, lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners, fire-lighters that need inverting before ignition.
- Radioactive material
- Oxidizing materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials
- Etiologic agents (bacteria, viruses etc).
- Apparatus containing mercury must not be carried in baggage
Lion Air reserves the right to cancel or change the planned departure, schedule, route, aircraft or stopping places of any flight for which fares have been paid, at any time and from time to time, for any reason, without notice to any Passengers affected thereby and, in connection therewith, the Carrier shall not be liable to any Passenger in respect of such cancellation or change, whether or not resulting from an Event of Force Majeure; provided that, the Carrier may and reserves the right, at its sole discreation, to provide any Passengers affected by such cancellation or change with :
1) Within a reasonable period of time re- routing to the destination shown on the Passenger’s Ticket by the Carrier’s own services; or
2) To otherwise refund to such Passenger, an amount which shall not be greater than the fare paid by that Passenger in respect of that flight
4.0 Transportion Of A Person with a Disability
- A Passenger with a disability requiring any special assistance should inform the Carrier at the time of his or her booking of his or her special needs. The Carrier will carry such a Passenger where arrangements have been made to provide for that Passenger’s special needs. If such a Passenger does not inform the Carrier at the time of booking of his or her special needs, the Carrier will nevertheless use reasonable efforts to accommodate that Passenger’s special needs. Passengers with disabilities who have advised the Carrier of any special requirements they may have at the time of booking, and been accepted by the Carrier, shall not subsequently be refused carriage on the basis of such disability or special requirements, but the Carrier’s regulations or government regulations may apply to the transportation of such Passengers.
- The Carrier may require that a Passenger with a disability travels with his or her own Assistant if it is essential for safety or that Passenger is unable to assist in his or her evacuation of the aircraft or is unable to understand safety instructions.
- The Carrier will refuse to transport, or will remove at any point, any Passenger whose actions or inactions prove to the Carrier that his or her mental or physical condition is such as to render him incapable of caring for him or herself without assistance, unless he or she is accompanied by an Assistant who will be responsible for caring for him or her en route and, with the care of such an Assistant, he or she will not require unreasonable attention or assistance from the air crew.
- The Carrier reserves the right to require a medical clearance from medical authorities if travel involves any unusual risk or hazard to the Passenger or to other persons (including, in cases of pregnant Passengers, unborn children).
- Passengers with a disability will not be permitted to occupy seats in designated emergency exit rows or in over-wing emergency exit rows.
- The Carrier reserves the right to cease accepting Passengers who must travel on a stretcher on any flight.
- The Carrier will not refuse to carry passenger wheelchairs or other disability-assistive devices, unless such carriage would be inconsistent with safety or safety requirements. In addition to the regular free baggage allowance, the Carrier will accept such passenger wheelchairs or other disability-assistive devices as priority checked baggage without charge.
5.0 Refusal To Transport
The Carrier may reserve the right to refuse to transport or may remove from any flight any Passenger for any reason, including but not limited to the following:
- Government Request or Regulations - whenever such action is necessary to comply with any government regulation or to comply with any government regulation, or to comply with any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense, or whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond its control (including but without limitation, acts of God, or events of force Majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities or disturbances) actual, threatened or reported.
- Search of Passenger or Property – if a Passenger refuses to permit search of his person or property for explosives or a concealed, deadly or dangerous weapon or article.
- Proof of Identity/Age – If a Passenger refuses to provide proof of age or identity as requested by the Carrier, the Carrier may, at its discretion and at any time, refuse to transport the Passenger. In addition, when a Passenger is traveling on a fare which has a particular age requirement for qualification, proof of age may be required. Acceptable forms of proof of identity are a valid driver's license, birth/baptismal certificate, passport or provincial health care card. Failure to provide proof as requested constitutes grounds for refusal to transport.
- Travel Documentation Requirements – The Carrier will refuse to transport any Passenger, where in the Carrier’s opinion:
- the travel documents of such Passenger are not in order;
- such Passenger's entry into, transit through or embarkation or any other point would be unlawful.
- Passport must be valid at least 6 (six) months.
- Passenger's Conduct/Behavior – The Carrier may impose sanctions on any person who engages in or has engaged in any conduct or behavior on the Carrier's aircraft, or to the knowledge or reasonable belief of the Carrier, on any airport
property or other Carrier’s aircraft, that the Carrier determines, in its reasonable judgment, may have a negative effect on the safety, comfort or health of that person, Passengers, the Carrier’s employees or agents, aircrew
or aircraft or the safe operations of the Carrier’s aircraft (the “Prohibited Conduct”).
(a) Examples of Prohibited Conduct that could give rise to the imposition of sanctions include:
- significant impairment arising from the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs prior to boarding or while on board an aircraft of the Carrier
- engaging in belligerent, lewd or obscene behavior toward a Passenger or employee or agent of the Carrier.
- threatening, harassing, intimidating, assaulting or injuring a Passenger or employee or agent of the Carrier
- tampering with or willfully damaging an aircraft, its equipment or other property of the Carrier.
- failing to comply with all instructions, including all instructions to cease Prohibited Conduct, given by the Carrier’s employees
- unauthorized intrusion or attempted intrusion onto the flight deck of an aircraft.
- smoking or attempted smoking in an aircraft
- swearing or carrying dangerous or deadly weapons on aircraft (other than on duty escort or peace officers who have complied with the Carrier’s guidlines)
- The sanctions the Carrier may impose on a person may be any one or combination of the following :
- Written or verbal warning;
- refusal to permit boarding of an aircraft
- removal from an aircraft at any point;
- requiring the person, to undertake in writing to refrain from repeating the Prohibited Conduct in question and from engaging in any other Prohibited Conduct as a prerequisite to further travel with the Carrier during the probationary period that will not normally exceed one year;
- refusal to transport the person on a one time basis, for an indefinite period or permanently, as determined by the Carrier.
- The Carrier reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to impose the sanction or sanctions it considers appropriate in the circumstances of each case considering the severity of the Prohibited Conduct.
- Prohibited Conduct described in paragraphs :
(a) iii, iv, vi, or viii will usually entail the imposition of an indefinite or permanent ban from travel with the Carrier. The Carrier's customer care staff, security staff, airport customer service staff and and aircrew are individually authorized in their reasonable discretion to impose sanctions described in paragraphs (b) i, ii, or iii above. Members of the Carrier’s customer care and security departments are authorized in their reasonable discretion to impose sanctions described in paragraphs (b) iv or v above. and will review the circumstances of each case prior to their imposition of any such sanctions. The Carrier will provide a person with written notice of the imposition of a sanction under paragraphs (b) iv or v above
- Any person who is given a sanction pursuant to paragraph (b) v. may respond in writing to the Carrier with reasons why the Carrier should remove the sanction. The Carrier may remove a sanction imposed on a person pursuant to paragraph (b) v, if the Carrier’s reasonable discreation and considering the person’s previous conduct, the Carrier determines that the person will not engage in further Prohibited Conduct and the Carrier will communicate its decision to the person within a reasonable time.
- Despite anything written elsewhere in this Tariff the Carrier’s sole liability to a person whom the Carrier refuses to carry following an incident of Prohibited Conduct is to provide a refund to the person of the unused portion or portions of the person’s fare.
- Liability of Carrier for Refusing Carriage of a Passenger.
- Except as otherwise provided for in this Rule 8 and to the extent permitted by law, the Carrier shall not be liable to any Passenger or other person for refusing to board or transport that Passenger or any person on an aircraft of the Carrier or for otherwise removing a Passenger from the aircraft at any point in the flight; nor shall the Carrier be liable to any of the Passengers or other person for exercising its discretion not to refuse to board or transport or remove any Passenger or other person on or from the aircraft.
6.0 Domestic Travel
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the regulations of the Indonesian Air Transport Act (1939/100) and to the applicable conditions of carriage, tariffs, time tables (except the time of departure and arrival stated therein) and other regulations of the carrier, which form an inseparable part hereof and which are available for inspection at the carrier’s booking offices.
- This passenger’s ticket is valid only for the person named hereon and is not transferable. The passenger agrees that the carrier reserves the right to check, if necessary, whether this ticket is utilized by the rightful person. If anyone other than the person named on the ticket travels or endeavors to travel on this ticket, the carrier is entitled to refuse such transportation and the right of transportation on this ticket by the person entitled on the carriage will lapse.
- The carrier reserves the right to substitute other carriers for the execution of the contract and to alter agreed stopping places.
- The carrier is not liable for any damage whatsoever arising out of cancellation and/or delay in transportation, including delay in arrival of passengers and delay in delivery of baggage.
- Checked baggage carried hereunder will only be delivered to the passenger on production of the baggage claim tag.
- The carrier is liable for the damage and loss on the passenger’s baggage subject to the Indonesian Air Transport Act (1939/100) and the conditions of carriage of the carrier
7.0 International Travel
- Terms and conditions of carriage applicable to International travel only: Subject to conditions of contract in this ticket. This ticket is not valid and will not be acceptable for carriage unless purchased from the issuing carrier or its authorized travel agent.
- Notice of government and airport imposed taxes, fees and charges: The price of the ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees and charges which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the “TAX/ FEE/ CHARGE” box (es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected
Conditions of Contracts:
- As used in this contract "ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check, of which these conditions and the notices form part, "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation", "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage. “WARSAW CONVENTION” means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not "international carriage" as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (i) provisions contained in this ticket, (ii) applicable tariffs, (iii) carrier's conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier's name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger's route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
- The fare for carriage hereunder is subjected to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by
8.0 Passports And Visas
Responsibility of Passenger
- Each Passenger desiring transportation across any international boundary shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary travel, health and other documents required by laws, regulations, orders, demands or requirements of the countries to be flown from, into or over and for complying with the laws of each country from, through or to which he desires transportation, and unless applicable laws provide otherwise, shall indemnify the Carrier for any loss, damage, or expense suffered or incurred by the Carrier by reason of such Passenger’s failure to do so. The Carrier shall not be liable for any aid or information given by any agent or employee of the Carrier to any Passenger in connection with obtaining such documents or complying with such laws, whether given orally or in writing or otherwise; or for the consequences to any Passenger resulting from his failure to obtain such documents or to comply with such laws.
- Subject to applicable laws and regulations, the Passenger shall pay the applicable fare whenever the Carrier, on Government or immigration authority order, is required to return a Passenger to his point of origin or elsewhere due to the Passenger's inadmissibility into or deportation from a country, whether of transit or of destination. The fare applicable will be the fare that would have been applicable had the original ticket designated the revised destination on the new ticket. In such circumstances the Carrier will not refund any fare to the Passenger for flights with the Carrier that the Passenger is unable to fly for these reasons. If the Carrier is required to pay or deposit any fine or penalty or to incur any expenditure by reason of the Passenger’s failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements of the countries to be flown from, into or over or to produce the required documents, the Passenger shall on demand reimburse to the Carrier any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred or to be paid. The Carrier may apply towards such payment or expenditure the value of any carriage unused by the Passenger, or any funds in the Carrier’s possession.
9.0 Advice To International Passengers On Limitation Of Liability
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination.
For such passengers on a journey to, from, or with an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the Convention and
special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of certain carriers parties to such special contracts for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US $75,000 per
passenger* and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negl igence on the part of the Carrier.
For such passengers traveling by a Carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to, from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, liability of the Carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US $10,000 or US $20,000.
The names of carriers, parties to such special contracts, are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined on request. Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier's liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information, please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
*Note: The limit of liability of US $75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in the case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of US $58,000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS :
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid.
For most international travel (including domestic portions of international journeys) the liability limit is approximately US $9.07 per pound (US $20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US $400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage.
For travel wholly between U.S. points, Federal rules require any limit on an airline's baggage liability to be at least US $1,250.00 per passenger. Excess valuation may not be declared on certain types of articles.
Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
For more information, log on to : www.lionair.co.id. Issued by Lion Air
10.0 Lion Air Pre-Booked Meals
- Pre-Booked Meals (PBM) can be ordered no later than 24 hours before Scheduled Time of Departure (STD), together with ticket reservations and or after PNR being ticketed.
- PBM that have been ordered will be listed on the customer's ticket receipt and can be claimed to our cabin crew during the flight, according to the route listed on the receipt.
- If passenger’s order is damaged or anything else that causes the order cannot be consumed, Lion Air will exchanged with another menu with the same value.
- Paid Pre-Book Meals cannot be canceled, transferred, or exchanged.
- Every conditions/ force majeure beyond the ability of PT. Lion Air, which causes food not to be accepted by passengers, Lion Air is not obliged for the replacement.
- PBM orders will be refunded if a one-sided flight cancellation occurs by Lion Air.
- Actual meal may vary. Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
- Meals served on Lion Air's flights may contain traces of nuts or other allergens.
- Personal Information which we collect
- The use of Personal Information which we collect
- Sharing of Personal Information which we collect
- Retention of Personal Information
- Access and correction of Personal Information
- Where we store your Personal Information
- Security of your Personal Information
- Acknowledgment, consent and erasure
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Anonymous data
- Third party platforms
- How to contact us
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect information which identifies, or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person or device to whom that information pertains (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, name, address, date of birth, occupation, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, bank account and credit-card details, gender, identification (including KTP, SIM, or Passport) or other government issued identifier, photo, and nationality. Additionally, to the extent that other information, including a personal profile, unique identifier, and/or bio-metric information is associated or combined with Personal Information, then that information is also Personal Information. The Personal Information which we collect may be provided by you directly or by third parties (for example: when you access our website, register to our services or use our application, when you contact our customer services, or you otherwise provide Personal Information to us). We may collect information in various forms and purposes (including purposes permitted under applicable law).
Information collected whenever you access or use our Services
- Whenever you register to or create bookings from our Services, we may require you to provide us with certain Personal Information, including your name, physical address, email address, phone number, identification number (National ID and/or Passport) and/or user identification and password that you will use to continue accessing or using our Services. We may also collect information regarding medical conditions which may affect the flight arrangements;
- We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback;
- Whenever you access or use or create bookings from our Services, we may collect information based on your experience in using our Services, including travel preferences, preferred destinations and details of airline frequent flyer membership;
- Whenever you access or use our Services, we may collect certain technical data concerning your usage such as, internet protocol (IP) address, information as web pages previously or subsequently viewed, duration of every visit/session, the internet device identity (ID) or media access control address, and also information regarding the manufacturer, model and operating system of the device that you use to access our Services;
- Whenever you access or use our Services through your computer or mobile device, we will track and collect your geo-location information in real-time. In some cases, you will be prompted or required to activate the Global Positioning System (GPS) on your mobile device to enable us to give you a better experience in using the Services (for example, to give you information of the currency relevant to your location or recommendation of the most popular destination visited by other users from similar location). You can always choose to disable the geo-location tracking information on your mobile device temporarily. However, this may affect the functionalities available on our Services; and/or
- If you utilize and/or when a payment is made through the electronic payment provided by third parties that collaborated with us, we may collect certain information related to your source of fund (including bank account, credit/debit card and other payment details), transaction history, and billing details (including name, billing address, e-mail or phone number).
Information collected from third parties
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we may also collect your Personal Information from third parties (including our agents, vendors, suppliers, contractors, partners and any others who provide services to us, perform functions on our behalf, or whom we collaborate with). In such cases, we will only collect your Personal Information for or in connection with the purposes for which such third parties are engaged or the purposes of our collaboration with such third parties (as the case may be).
Information about third parties you provide to us
You may provide us with Personal Information relating to other third-party individuals (including Personal Information relating to your spouse, family members, friends, or other individuals). You will, of course, need their consent to do so – see “Acknowledgement, consent and erasure”, below, for further information.
2. The Use of Personal Information Which We Collect
We may use Personal Information collected for any of the following purposes as well as for such other purposes as are permitted by applicable law (“Purposes”):
- Where you are a user, we may use your Personal Information:
- to identify you and to register you as a user and to administer, verify, deactivate, or manage your account as such;
- to facilitate or enable any verification as we may, in our discretion, consider necessary before we register you as a user or before we proceed with your bookings;
- to process and facilitate bookings and payment transactions made by you;
- to confirm your identity as a passenger, facilitate your cargo arrangement, perform baggage check-ins and online check-ins;
- to communicate with you and to send you information in connection with the access or use of the Services, including pre-flights notifications, either through post, email, telephone (including SMS), fax or other form of communication;
- to notify you of any updates or changes to the Services;
- to process and respond to inquiries and feedback received from you, including to support any concerns or requests you may have;
- to maintain, develop, test, enhance and personalize the Services to meet your needs and preferences as a user;
- to monitor and analyze user activities, behavior, and demographic data including trends and usage of Services;
- to publish your reviews about our services as well as the listed products on the Site;
- to resolve any disputes, including for collecting outstanding payment;
- to process and manage your reward points and your participation in our loyalty programs;
- to conduct commercial sales on board;
- to offer or provide Services from our affiliates or partners;
- to send you direct or targeted marketing communications, recommendations, advertisement, vouchers, surveys, and information on special offers or promotions and digital marketing which includes, however is not limited to, social media, display advertising, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and push notification using open graph techniques;
- to comply with any legal and/or regulatory requirements; and/or
- for any other purposes that we notify you of when we collect your Personal Information.
- to undertake associated business processes and functions;
- to monitor usage of the Services and administer, support and improve the performance efficiency, growth, user experience and the functions of the Services;
- to provide assistance in relation to and to resolve any technical difficulties or operational problems in connection to the Services;
- to generate statistical information and anonymous analytics data for the purpose of testing, research, analysis, product development, commercial partnership, and collaboration;
- to prevent, detect and investigate any prohibited, illegal, unauthorized or fraudulent activities;
- to facilitate business transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving us and/or any of our affiliates; and/or
- to enable us to comply with our obligations under any applicable law (including but not limited to responding to regulatory inquiries, investigations or directives) and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations.
3. Sharing of Personal Information Which We Collect
- We may disclose to or share with our affiliates or other third parties your Personal Information for any of the following purposes, as well as for such other purposes as are permitted by applicable law:
- where the Services are provided by or on behalf of us by our affiliates or other third parties, for the purpose of providing our Services or enabling such affiliates or third parties to proceed with your bookings or requests;where required or authorized by applicable law (including but not limited to responding to regulatory inquiries, investigations or directives, or complying with statutory or regulatory filing and reporting requirements), for the purpose so specified by that applicable law;
- where there is any form of legal proceeding between you and us, or between you and another party, in connection with, or related to the Services, for the purposes of that legal proceeding;
- in relation to any verification as we may, in our discretion, consider necessary before we register you as a user or before we proceed with your bookings;
- in a situation or an emergency concerning your health, safety, vital interest or other valid interests, for the purposes of dealing with that situation or emergency;
- in connection with, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company, for the purposes of such a transaction (even if the transaction is eventually not proceeded with);
- to third parties (including our agents, vendors, suppliers, contractors, partners and any others who provide services to us or you, perform functions on our behalf, or whom we enter into commercial collaboration with) for or in connection with the purposes for which such third parties are engaged or the purposes of our collaboration with such third parties (as the case may be), which may include allowing such third parties to introduce or offer products or services to you, or conducting other activities including marketing, research, analysis and product development; and/or
- where we share Personal Information with affiliates, we will do so for the purpose of them helping us to provide the Services, to operate our business (including, where you have subscribed to our mailing list, for direct marketing purposes), or for the purpose of them conducting data processing on our behalf. For example, an affiliate of Lion Air group in another country may process and/or store your Personal Information on behalf of the Lion Air group in your country;
4. Retention of Personal Information
- Your Personal Information will only be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or for as long as such retention is required or authorized by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain your Personal Information, or remove the means by which the Personal Information can be associated with you as an individual, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that Personal Information was collected is no longer being served by retention of Personal Information and the retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes. In such a case, we will use our reasonable endeavors to provide the same from our affiliates or other third parties whom we share your Personal Information with.
- However, please note that there is still a possibility that some of your Personal Information might still be retained by those affiliates or other third parties if such retention is still required or authorized by laws applicable to those affiliates or other third parties. Furthermore, information relayed directly through communications between you and other parties that act on behalf of or partner with us in providing the Services (such as by telephone calls, e-mail or other method of communications) may also be retained by some means. We do not authorize and encourage the retention of Personal Information by such means and we have no responsibility to you for the same and we shall not be liable for any such retention of your Personal Information. You agree to indemnify, defend and release us, our officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, contractors and affiliates from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs (including but not limited to legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting directly or indirectly from any unauthorized retention of your Personal Information.
5. Access And Correction of Personal Information
- Subject to the applicable law, you may request us for access to and/or the correction of your Personal Information in our possession and control, by contacting us at the details provided below.
- To the extent permitted or required under any applicable law, we reserve the right to refuse your requests for access to, or to correct, some or all of your Personal Information in our possession or control. This may include circumstances where the Personal Information may contain references to other individuals or where the request for access or request to correct is for reasons which we reasonably consider to be trivial, frivolous or vexatious.
6. Where We Store Your Personal Information
7. Security of Your Personal Information
Confidentiality of your Personal Information is of utmost importance to us. We will use all reasonable endeavors to protect and secure your Personal Information against any access, collection, use or disclosure by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage or similar risks. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best effort to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the integrity and accuracy of any Personal Information which you transmit over the Internet, nor guarantee that such Personal Information would not be intercepted, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed in any means by unauthorized third parties, due to factors beyond our control. You are responsible for keeping your account details confidential and you must not share your account details, including your password, One Time Password (OTP), as well as other personal credentials, with anyone and you must always maintain and be fully responsible on the security of the devices that you use.
9. Acknowledgement, Consent And Erasure
- In circumstances where you provide us with Personal Information relating to other individuals (such as Personal Information relating to your spouse, family members, friends, or other parties), you represent and warrant that you have obtained such individual’s consent for, and hereby consent on behalf of such individual to, the collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her Personal Information by us.
- You may withdraw your consent to any or all collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time by giving us reasonable notice in writing using the contact details stated below. You may also withdraw your consent for us to send you certain communications and information via any “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” facility contained in our messages to you. Depending on the circumstances and the nature of the consent which you are withdrawing, you must understand and acknowledge that after such withdrawal of consent, you may no longer be able to use the Services. A withdrawal of consent by you may result in the termination of your account or of your contractual relationship with us, with all accrued rights and obligations remaining fully reserved. Upon receipt of your notice to withdraw consent for any collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, we will inform you of the likely consequences of such withdrawal so that you can decide if you wish to withdraw consent.
10. Marketing And Promotional Material
We and our partners, including affiliates or other third parties, may send you direct marketing, advertisement, and promotional communications via push-notification app, message in application website or application, post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), and e-mail (“Marketing Materials”) if you have agreed to subscribe to our mailing list, and/or consented to receive marketing and promotional materials from us. You may opt out from receiving such marketing communications at any time by clicking on any “unsubscribe” facility embedded in the relevant message, or otherwise contacting us using the contact details stated below. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as ride receipts or information about your account.
11. Anonymous Data
We may create, use, license or disclose Personal Information, provided, however, (i) that all identifiers have been removed such that the data, alone or in combination with other available data, cannot be attributed to or associated with or cannot identify any person, and (ii) that has been combined with similar data such that the original data forms a part of a larger data set.
12. Third Party Platforms
- Our website, application, and Marketing Materials may contain links to websites that are operated by third parties. We do not control nor accept liability or responsibility for these websites and for the collection, use, processing, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties. Please consult the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those third-party websites to find out how they collect and use your Personal Information.