Latest media releases from Lion Air
Lion Air Makes it Easy for Tourists and Pilgrims from Indonesia to Saudi Arabia
- Lion Air hopes to expand air connectivity and provide ease of travel for people in various cities in Indonesia.
- Lion Air continues to strive to offer solutions for tourists and pilgrims who want to perform Umrah and religious tourism to Saudi Arabia, so as to increase religious tourism in Saudi Arabia and strengthen relations between the two countries.
J A K A R T A – June 21, 2023. Lion Air (JT Flight Code) member of Lion Air Group continues to facilitate the travel of Indonesian tourists and pilgrims who want to visit Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah and religious tourism. In this effort, Lion Air has operated flights aimed at smoothing travel to the country.
Lion Air has connected 10 cities in Indonesia directly to Jeddah and Madinah, through airports:
1. Soekarno-Hatta-Jakarta International Airport in Tangerang(CGK)
2. Juanda International Airport - Surabaya in Sidoarjo, East Java(SUB)
3. Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport Makassar in Maros, South Sulawesi (UPG).
4. Kualanamu International Airport in Deli Serdang, North Sumatra (KNO)
5. Kertajati Majalengka International Airport, West Java(KJT)
6. Minangkabau International Airport in Padang, West Sumatra(PDG)
7. Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport Banda Aceh in Aceh Besar, Aceh (BTJ)
8. Hang Nadim International Airport, Batam, Riau Islands (BTH)
9. Sultan Syarif Kasim II International Airport, Pekanbaru, Riau (PKU)
10. SAMS Sepinggan International Airport, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan (BPN)
Tourists and pilgrims from other cities in Indonesia will also be facilitated by the option to fly to one of 10 airports directly connected to Saudi Arabia. Thus, they can choose the route that best suits their travel needs.
In addition to 10 cities that have been directly connected to Jeddah and Medina, Lion Air has plans to expand its flight network to other cities that have not been connected. By connecting these cities to Saudi Arabia, Lion Air wants to provide better accessibility for tourists and pilgrims from various regions in Indonesia who want to travel to Saudi Arabia. Through this step, Lion Air is committed to making travel easier and providing more choices to pilgrims and tourists.
More Flight Frequency
Lion Air, in its commitment to facilitate the travel of Indonesian tourists and pilgrims, established a strategic step with the Saudi Tourism Authority. The partnership aims to enhance travel services and experiences to Saudi Arabia, as well as promote religious tourism and other activities.
Lion Air has operated more than 55 weekly flights from Indonesia to Saudi Arabia on the round trip. Through its extensive flight network, Lion Air contributes to connecting a number of cities in Indonesia with the holy cities of Jeddah and Medina in Saudi Arabia.
With such a large flight frequency, Lion Air is committed to meeting the demand and facilitating the travel of tourists and pilgrims who want to visit Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah and religious tourism.
The availability of flight frequency every week, Lion Air provides flexibility to pilgrims and travelers to choose a flight schedule that suits their needs. This makes it easy for tourists and pilgrims to plan their trip and choose the most suitable time to leave and return.
Operating frequent flight routes, Lion Air hopes to:
1. Help strengthen connectivity between Indonesia and Saudi Arabia.
2. Facilitating tourist travel and Umrah worship.
3. Support the growth of economic and social relations between the two countries.
4. Strengthening relations between the two countries.
Flying on Modern Aircraft
In an effort to provide optimal service, Lion Air continues to improve service quality and maintain flight schedule accuracy.
Lion Air operates modern generation aircraft such as Airbus A330-300 and Airbus A330-900NEO. With large passenger capacity, ergonomic design, comfortable interiors, and advanced technology and features, these aircraft provide an enjoyable travel experience.
Lion Air also operates Boeing 737 aircraft, narrowbody aircraft that have been famous throughout the world. The aircraft is known for its reliability, especially comfort for passengers.
Through this modern and quality aircraft, Lion Air strives to ensure that pilgrims and tourists can enjoy a comfortable and reliable trip when they fly to Saudi.
For media queries, contact us at the following:
Follow us on social media