Lion Air COVID-19 Updates
During these unprecedented times, Lion Air stands united with you.
We remain committed to supporting you to the full extent of our capabilities during this period. As always, your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us and we are doing everything we can to help you as you adjust your lives and routines to respond to COVID-19.
Our Health and Safety Precautions
Your health and safety have always been our absolute priority. As such, we have heightened our vigilance in the maintenance and cleanliness of our aircraft and all our procedures.
- On board
- Enhanced daily cleaning procedures for our aircraft to ensure clean in-flight environment
- Replace HEPA filters for aircraft that have carried suspected cases
- Complete sterilisation as necessary
- Check-in, boarding and disembarking
- Ensuring highest standards of cleanliness
- Enforced social distancing
Changes to Our Flight Schedules and Refund Policies
With the escalation of the COVID-19 crisis, many countries including Indonesia have tightened their travel restrictions. All actions taken are in response and compliance to health advisories and directives from the Indonesian government, global health organisations and all relevant authorities. We are reviewing this on a daily basis and will keep all passengers updated should there be any changes.
Cancellation of Flights
Should we be obliged to cancel a flight, we will do our utmost to advise you at the earliest time possible and to make alternative travel arrangements. These notifications will be made via text messages or direct emails to you as well as on our website.
All International flights in to and out of Indonesia are suspended until further notice.
We understand that you may not be able to travel according to your original plans and schedules. Here are our special policies:
- Applied for All Lion Air (JT-990), Batik Air (ID-938) and Wings Air (IW-513).
- Refund Policy:
- a. Submit to email address: Refund.firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching PNR code(s) and ticket number(s).
- b. Refund will be full amount to a Travel Voucher.
- c. Voucher will be valid until 1 (one) year from issued date.
- Reschedule and Reroute:
- a. Maximum 2 times rebook, before you change your ticket (Agency Portal and Websites are not applied).
- b. Change fee waived.
- c. Fare difference apply, except for same RBD and routes with the same Airlines.
- d. Rerouting only applicable for the same Point of Origin and same country, with the same Airlines.
- Ancillaries on Refunded Ticket Voucher:
- a. Unused Prepaid baggage will still valid for future travel (if any).
- b. Seat assignment will be re-arrange on available allocation.
- c. All EMD number must be keep and provided to Airlines (if needed).
All re-scheduling and cancellation can be made via our website > Lion Air > Change Flight. Customers who booked their flights with a travel agent should contact them for further assistance.
Lion Air Group (Batik Air / Lion Air / Wings Air) get special flight licenses (exemption flight) from the Ministry of Transportation of the Republic of Indonesia to serve business people / businesses that are not in the context of "going home" and other operational objectives refer to PM 25 of 2020 concerning Transportation Control During the Eid Air Transport Period of 1441 Hijri Period In Order to Prevent the Spread of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid-19).
The operational plan will serve domestic flight routes including cities or destinations with the status of Large-Scale Social Restrictions (PSBB) and areas with local transmission or affected areas (Red Zones) that are required to meet the Covid-19 handling protocol for:
- Cargo transportation operations
- Traveling for the leaders of the Republic of Indonesia's high state institutions or state guests;
- Embassy operations; consulate general; foreign consulate; representatives of international organizations that have positions in Indonesia;
- Operational law enforcement, order and emergency services
- Accelerated handling of Covid-19 services
- Defense, security and public order services
- Basic and emergency health services
- Travel services for people whose core family members are seriously ill or dead
- Special flight services (repatriation) for the repatriation of Indonesian Citizens (WNI) or Foreign Citizens (foreigners) and student of school / university
- Other transportation with the permission of the Director General of Civil Aviation.
- Travels of people who work in government or private institutions/company that organize:
- Service basic needs
- Support services for basic services
- Service important economic functions
- Travel for people who work on non-company businesses / institutions, both government and private who travel for work and or business that are not in the context of “going home” or returning home, in accordance with the understanding of business persons conveyed through the Ministry of Transportation Spokesperson's Press Release on April 27, 2020.
Users of flight services for special / exemption flights must meet the following requirements:
- Fill out the statement letter as a statement that the trip is not a homecoming trip / Returning to the village. Declaration letter can be downloaded here and must be filled in before reporting his departure.
- Attach original letter and submit a copy of Travel Certificate from Company / Agency and Travel Plan (schedule of departure, schedule at the time of assignment, and time schedule for return) as assignment of work / service and is not a homecoming trip / Returning to the Village signed by Directors / Heads of Offices / Echelon 2 Officials for ASN, TNI and Polri at the time of reporting their departure.
- Attach an original letter and submit a copy of COVID-19 free health certificate from the local hospital through the Rapid Test / PCR / Swab Test method with negative results for a maximum period of 7 days after the results of the test come out.
- Attach an original letter and submit a copy of the Statement signed on a stamp and known by the local Head of Village for prospective passengers who do not represent government or private institutions.
- Attach and submit a copy of the Reference Letter from the Hospital for patients who will be taking treatment elsewhere.
- Attach and submit a copy of the Death Certificate from the place of mourning for the purpose of visiting the family of the deceased.
- Attach and submit a copy of the Certificate from the Protection Board for Immigrant Workers or Indonesian Representatives abroad (for passengers from abroad) for repatriation trips.
- Attach and submit Certificate from school or university (for students and repatriation students) from Overseas.
- Fill out the Health Alert Card or the Health Alert Card (HAC) form both offline and online by downloading the e-HAC application via playstore for Android-based devices or through the website http://sinkarkes.kemkes.go.id/ehac/ for IOS-based devices.
- Users of flight services must report their departure directly (not be represented) no later than 90 minutes before the time of departure to undergo health protocols and document checks.
- Especially for Business Persons / Logistics Businesses and workers who do not have an agency / company must have a return reservation or ticket before May 24, 2020
Contact Lion Air: Always Here to Help
Our customer service team is working around the clock to respond to your queries. For further assistance, please contact us at the following:
- Call centre number: +6221 63798000
- Customer service email: email@example.com